To configure the APN on a GPS Tracker TK104 family, so that the device can establish a data connection, you will need to do it over SMS.
To send the SMS you can also use the SMS console on the EMnify User Interface (EUI):
- Log in to your EUI account
- Go to the "Endpoints" Tab and there you select the endpoint representing your tracker
- The SMS console can be found in the “SMS” Tab
- As source address please enter 1234 or you can use any mobile phone number (e.g. in case your tracker is already paired with a phone number).
- Turn on GPRS mode (default is SMS mode)
Just send the command "gprs" followed by your password (*no* space between the command and the password), the following sample command assumes that your password is "123456":
- Configure the APN
The APN name is configured by sending the command "apn" followed by the tracker password (*no* space between the command and the password) and then followed by a space and the APN name. For an EMnify SIM the command would look like:
- Configure the Service and IP of your Tracker Server
You can configure the IP and port with which your tracker should connect to by sending the command "adminip", followed by the password (*no* space between the command and the password) and then followed by a space and the IP and finally followed by a space and the port. The command looks like this:
adminip123456 184.108.40.206 22000
The connectivity status of the tracker should now change to online on the EMnify Portal.
Checking the status of the Tracker
By sending the command "check" followed by your password (*no* space between the command and the password) you can request the tracker to respond by SMS. The command will look like this:
The tracker will respond back with SMS that you can see in the SMS console history on the EUI.