1. Sign up on the EMnify User Interface (EUI)
Enter your personal details, choose a password and click "Sign Up". Once on the EUI, you have the possibility to add a few information about your company and why you wish to work with us. You can skip this part if you want.
NOTE: If you were invited to the EUI by an existing organization, you should have received an email with an activation link. Please open the link within 48 hours and choose a password for your account. You will then be able to log in with your email address and chosen password.
2. Ordering, Registering and Enabling SIMs
2.1. Ordering SIM cards
To order SIM cards, click on "Get Your EMnify SIM" on the top hand right corner.
2.2. Registering your SIM cards
Once your SIMs have arrived, the next step is to register them. When you register a new SIM or SIM Batch you will have an option to automatically activate the SIM and create endpoints using the default configuration.
NOTE: An endpoint is a representation of a device which has a SIM installed. We recommend that you activate and create endpoints during registration.
2.2.1. Locate the BIC (Batch Identification Code)
Individual SIMs: The 16 digit BIC (Batch Identification Code) is on the upper right corner of the card shown as BIC1.
SIM Batches (5, 25, etc.): the 16 digit BIC is located on the packaging written as BIC2.
2.2.2. Registration and activation
Log in to EUI and click “SIMs” to access the SIM Menu. On the upper right corner of the panel, click “Register SIM Batch”, enter the BIC code of the SIM or SIM batch and click “Verify BIC”. Next, you will have an option to activate the SIM or SIM Batch. Check the tick box and click “Confirm Registration”.
NOTE: If you do not want to activate all SIMs now, you can click “Cancel” and then activate the SIMs manually, one by one. In order to do that, go to the “SIMs” panel in the EUI, select the SIM you want to activate and click “Activate” button on top of the panel.
2.2.3. Create the endpoints
Once the SIMs have been activated, you can choose to create endpoints according to the number of SIMs you have registered by selecting “Create Endpoints”. The platform will automatically create the number of endpoints based on the number of SIMs registered.
NOTE: If you do not choose to create endpoints now, you can do this later by selecting “Endpoints” from the top menu, then “Create endpoints” in the upper right corner of your screen. In this case, you will have to manually assign the SIMs to the endpoints.
Input any name for your endpoint(s). If you have registered a 5 SIM batch, you will be creating 5 endpoints simultaneously with the same name for each – the SIMs will be automatically attached to them. You can change the name of each endpoint later if you wish.
There will be a default generic Service Profile and Tariff Profile that you can select. These profiles will enable you to immediately use the SIMs.
NOTE: In "Service Profile", you define the services and functionality you want an endpoint to have. You can create new service profiles as explained here.
After successfully creating an endpoint, you will receive a confirmation - you can then go to the endpoint menu to view the endpoints you created. The SIM(s) are now enabled and ready to be used.
NOTE: The IP address displayed in the details tab which opens after clicking on the SIM is a static IP address of the endpoint (device). It is used to establish direct connectivity towards your device from your server via VPN.
3.1. Insert the SIM into the device
Place the SIM into your device (unless your device has an embedded SIM already), and turn your device on.
3.2. Establish network connectivity
When the device is on, two important configuration changes need to be done on it:
- The APN needs to be configured as "em" in order to let the device connect to the EMnify network. More info are available here. If you are testing the SIM on an Android device, follow this guide.
- Roaming needs to be enabled.
After that, it will register to a network (no PIN code entry needed). Once it has registered, the connectivity status of your SIM in the EUI (under “SIM” menu) will be changed to ATTACHED. SMS and USSD services are now available.
Once your device has established a data session, the connectivity status will again change to ONLINE within the SIMs Menu of the EUI. Now the device is ready to send/receive data traffic.
If your device does not have any connectivity, make sure you respect the criteria listed in this article.
You have successfully enabled your SIMs!
If you have any further questions:
- Check our knowledge base where most topics are covered
- Read our complete Setup Guide
- Subscribe to our EMnify status page.
- If you did not find any answer, you can contact our support team via the following channels:
1. Chat. Please log in to EUI and click on the chat button in right/bottom corner, a support representative will be available for who can also transfer your chat to a technical expert as needed.
2. Email. You can reach us at email@example.com anytime and your request will be logged in our ticket system and processed by one of our technical experts. To facilitate a swift response, include the following information in your email:
- Your company name
- The ICCIDs of your SIMs in question
- The type of device you are using
- A short description of the issue
- A phone number where we can reach you
3. Phone. You can call us at +49-30-5557333555, make sure you have the ICCIDs of your SIMs available. We handle support requests according to their severity:
Critical incidents will be handled 24/7 at any day of the year. The best way to report critical problems is submit them by email, you will receive a receipt with a Ticket ID assigned.
Operational issues: Requests for information and requests for new configurations will be handled during business days in Germany 09:00-17:00 CET.