- Error: Tunnelblick: Disconnecting; user canceled authorization or there was an error obtaining authorization.
- The user has tried using both username/password and ORG ID /Auth Token as a method of authentication however still failing.
- The user already tried re-installing Tunnelblick but still unable to access.
Check if there are any stored username/password in the Keychain. If there are, please delete them.
You can delete them as follows:
- Click the Tunnelblick icon, then click "VPN Details…"
- Click to select the configuration in the list on the left.
- Click the little "gear" button at the bottom of the list on the left
- Click on "Delete Credentials from the Keychain"
Tunnelblick will ask you for the username/password the next time you log in. To connect to the region's VPN, you will need to enter the password of your MAC.
Another workaround you may try if you are using the latest Tunnelblick version is to use the OpenVPN version OpenSSL v1.0.2u instead of OpenSSL v1.1.1e which is the default.
If in case that the above suggestions did not work then we recommend installing Tunnelblick version 3.8.1 as workaround which is an older version than the latest release however this is the latest-known working version.
Here's the link where you can download the Installer.