EMnify’s Mobile Core Network has been designed to manage the network selection from the network side in conjunction with the settings on the SIM: it has a global view on the available radio networks, their supported features and live network status, temporarily or permanently steering the SIMs away from ‘low signal quality’ networks to the best-performing ones (with the strongest signal).
The manual carrier switching can be done in two ways:
- Selecting the preferred operator in the device's menu
- By blacklisting other operators in the EUI or via API
Blacklisting an operator will not prevent your devices to try to connect to them and you will still see the attempts in the events tab, but our Mobile Core will reject any connection attempt. This feature should only be used to solve technical issues associated to specific operators.
HOW TO BLACKLIST OPERATORS IN THE EMNIFY USER INTERFACE
- Click on the "Connected Devices" menu
- Select the Connected Device for which you want to blacklist an operator
- Scroll down to the "Operator Blacklist" menu and select the operator you want to block.
To remove an operator from the blacklist, please click again on "Edit" and then click on the X next to the blacklisted operator.
Note: Operators can be blacklisted on a device level only. In order to blacklist an operator for a large number of devices, please contact email@example.com or check our API documentation