January 2021 - New portal launch & announcement on cdn.emnify.net
August 2021 - Restriction announcement on cdn.emnify.net
September 2021 - Deprecation of cdn.emnify.net
November 2021 - Access restriction on cdn.emnify.net
Frequently asked questions
- Why can’t I search using CTRL + F on the device list
- Why is the device list is flickering when I scroll down on a long list of devices
With the new portal, we want to improve the the value the device list delivers to you by reducing the time to see your device details and soon also to search for your devices by many more criteria like the connectivity status, consumption or operator!
The flow on cdn.emnify.net was to list all devices, hopefully know which one you are lookin for and clicking on it to open it's details and see many of the details we now have in the device listing directly at a glance.
Many customers were asking us to allow to filter and to list the connectivity status and the consumption, so we decided to start with the listing even it requires some just in time fetching of the data when you scroll to the devices for the first version since we want to move in that direction for you and improve your filtering and sorting options very soon too and thus you would not need to search on screen or list many devices at once which takes long to load.
Please check out our feature request for more filtering options here to subscribe or to collaborate with our product team: https://emnify.canny.io/feature-requests/p/advanced-listing-filtering-and-sorting-for-devices-sims
- Where is the alert event count?
The events and alert overview is available on the dashboard now.
We removed the count which was not actionable enough for many customers and enabled the possibility to filter based on the severity of the event in the dashboard so you can get a quick overview.
We are also looking into options to improve the our analytics to provide you with more actionable alerts and notifications on your dashboard so you know faster if your devices are facing issues, where and which ones.
If you need the alert event count back until then, please create a feature request: https://emnify.canny.io
- How do I see all the events for my organization
On the dashboard, next to the menu point "Onboarding Guides", there's a navigation tab called "Events".
See screenshot above
- Where is the SIM status?
- Why can I not enable or disable SIMs?
In the new portal, we want to make is easier to handle your devices and to reduce the risk of misconfiguration and getting charged for SIMs you can't use.
Also we want to give you one single list where you see the real status of your devices and if they can be used in the field or not.
This is why the SIM status is now joined with the status of the Connected Device the SIM has been assigned to.
Only if both statuses are "enabled", the device will show as "enabled", if one of them is "disabled" or "issued", the device will be shown as "disabled".
If you want to enable a SIM, please assign it to a device in order to activate it and work with it.
If you have any custom use case where you need to manage your statuses independently, please use our API to do so, the Portal will show it like described above and will warn you on the dashboard if you have active SIMs which are not assigned to a device so you don't overspend on your invoice by accident.
- Are the APIs changing?
We are only adding new options to our API to improve working with our service but don't remove any option from the API.
All SIM and endpoint APIs are working like before and will only be used differently from our new portal.
- How do I delete a device?
Device deletion is not happening too often, so we only support it via the bulk actions for now.
Please select the relevant devices you want to delete via the checkboxes and click the "More" option on the top right. Then select "Delete"
What's new in the new portal
- Multi language support for five additional languages
- SIM Orders are now shown on https://portal.emnify.com/orders
- Tracking links, shipping statuses, dates, address details and ordered articles are listed
- Order invoices are listed as well
- Device listing improved with added connectivity status, SIM status and monthly consumption
- Massively improved experience on mobile other screen sizes
- Bulk actions for devices and SIMs
- Bulk create devices from SIMs
- Bulk activate / deactivate devices (and SIMs at the same time)
- Bulk reset connectivity
- Bulk send SMS
- Bulk IMEI lock enable/disable
- Bulk operator blacklisting
- Bulk service policy change (previously service profile)
- Bulk coverage policy change (previously tariff profile)
- Bulk SIM release
- Bulk tagging
- Automatic IP address space assignment on registration of large batches
- Organisation data and address management https://portal.emnify.com/organisation-settings/details
- Improved tag handling and filtering for devices
- Custom DNS can be set per service policy (previously called service profile)
- Quota management added to user interface (previously only available via API)
- Status updates appear wherever you are in the portal as a notification
- Org ID always available next to feature requests, statuspage, support and product updates
- Option to set a default originator for all SMS to your devices