While the EMnify network is purpose build to transport data traffic for the IoT/M2M use cases, it is also possible to use the EMnify SIMs in a consumer device like an Android mobile phone, (i.e. to quickly verify if connectivity is available).
Before starting please make sure you have an unlocked mobile phone, i.e. that is not locked/limited to a specific operator.
- Insert the SIM in the phone’s SIM slot
- Go to the Main Settings
- Go to "Connections" and then “Mobile networks” (you may need to go through the “More networks” option first)
- Make sure the tick boxes for "Mobile data" and "Data roaming" are activated
- Then go to "Access Point Names"
- Press menu, and then either “New APN” or “+”
- Enter "EMnify" as name and "em" as APN, any other fields you can leave as "Not set" (blank) and then a save the settings
- If you see multiple APNs listed, please tick the new APN (named EMnify/you just created) to be the active one
- Restart your phone
- You should have signal bars, showing that a connection has been established
- You can monitor the connectivity on the EMnify User Interface (EUI). If your APN settings configuration was successful, you should see the status of the endpoint as "Online"
- Open the browser on the phone and enter http://emnify.com to check if you can access the internet