"Alerts" are displayed both on a company level, by selecting the "alarm bell icon" and on an endpoint and SIM level, by selecting the "alerts" tab, when viewing one or the other.
The EMnify User Interface (EUI) displays event notifications that are related to the incoming signaling from the device and to the network elements. Simply put, you are able to see when the SIM registers and exchanges data through a specific network.
The available events are:
- New location received from VLR for IMSI='xxxx', now attached to VLR='xxxx'.
- The device is successfully registered to a network operator. VLR is the database holding the subscriber info within that core network element
- The device connectivity status is shown as “Attached” in the EUI. The device is able to send SMS
- New location received from SGSN for IMSI='xxxx', now attached to SGSN=’xxxx', IP=’xxxx.
- The GPRS connection to the network has been established successfully. The device is now able to request a data connection
- The Serving GPRS Support Node (SGSN) handles all packet data exchanged within the network
- New PDP Context successfully activated with SGSN CP=xxxx, DP=xxxx.
- The data channel has been requested by the device and a data connection has been successfully established
- The device connectivity is now shown as "Online" in the EUI
- PDP Context deleted.
- The data channel is closed - either prompted by the device or imposed by the network on specific events
- The data traffic (counted towards billing) is rounded up to the nearest stepping block (e.g. 1KB)