EMnify allows you to fully manage the connectivity of your devices through the EUI.
It is possible to fully manage the connectivity of your devices through the EUI configuration; a close monitoring of the network registration status, information about the data session and notifications on active restrictions (planned or not) are all available in the EUI by accessing the “alarm bell icon”.
Regarding network registration, there are a few alarms that are being displayed:
- Location update rejected from SGSN XXXX [Operator’sName] for IMSI XXXX. This operator is not covered by your assigned tariff.
- The Usage Tariff assigned to your organization does not contain that operator, as per your contract agreement
- Location update rejected from SGSN XXXX (Operator’sName) for IMSI XXXX. This operator is not part of the selected ratezones. To allow roaming, please enable the corresponding ratezone in the tariff profile.
- The “Rate Zone”, of which the operator is a part of, is included in your Usage Tariff, but it is disabled in the Tariff Profile, that is assigned to your endpoint. Enable the correct “Rate Zone” on the Tariff Profile configuration
- Location update rejected from SGSN XXXX (Operator’sName) for IMSI XXXX. This operator is currently not supported for this IMSI. A different IMSI or operator will be used for the network registration.
- The IMSI present in the SIM might not have all networks opened for that country. If the device tried to register to a network that is blocked in that IMSI, another operator will be allowed for the registration. This alarm is just for your information to show all the networks the endpoint tried to connect to before establishing the connection to a certain network
- Location update rejected from SGSN XXXX (Operator’sName) for IMSI XXXX because this operator is blacklisted for this endpoint. To allow roaming, please remove the operator from the blacklist.
- The operator was blocked for that endpoint, either by request to our support team or via the API
For the PDP Context activation (data channel), the following alarms can be triggered:
- PDP Context Request rejected, because data service is disabled in the service profile.
- The “Data” service is disabled in the Service Profile (under “Basic Configuration”), assigned to the endpoint
- PDP Context Request rejected from MCC/MNC XXX/YY, this operator is not part of the of selected coverage.
- The endpoint cannot go online (open a PDP context), because the Rate Zone containing that operator is not enabled in the Tariff profile, assigned to the endpoint
- PDP Context Request rejected, because the endpoint is currently blocked due to exceeded traffic limit.
A limit has been set in the Service profile, assigned to the endpoint. All endpoints that have that Service profile assigned will have their requests to activate the data channel rejected.