Your EMnify SIM is designed to enable your device to connect to the best available network. It is however necessary that the EndPoint is rightfully configured to establish this connection and that the visiting network does not have issues (e.g. poor/weak signal, a dead spot which can be encountered commonly when a device is moving).
Our SIM is not the one which is getting the signal, instead it is the RF module of the device. The SIM is just small apparatus with a data base in it which store the profiles that will help the device to register to a network. Therefore, the connectivity depends on the behavior of the device.
Here is what you can try if you have unstable connectivity:
Blacklist the unstable operator (article)
- If the network operator has a weak coverage signal on the location of device.
- If It has a network outage.
- No roaming agreement between EMnify and MNO.
Symptoms in EUI events that denotes unstable network
- Frequent disconnection of PDP context (strings of create/delete PDP contexts, only if the device is not moving)
- Established PDP but no data transmitted.
- Took long to initiate create PDP