Please read the following article for any questions related to billing or invoicing. If you have further questions, please contact our support team.
EMnify's billing is pretty simple. The items you can be billed for are the following:
- A monthly hosting fee per active SIM. This fee includes a certain volume of data per month in a specific zone. The data included for each SIM is shared by all active SIM and creates a data-pool. Note that we charge customers the peak number of concurrently activated SIM cards. Therefore this calculation may change within the billing period. The calculation is done with a 12 hours accuracy.
- Cost of consumption outside of the data-pool:
- In a different rate zone (for example, in case you have selected inclusive volume in Europe Basic and you deploy devices in Japan)
- Over-consumption: the data used is higher than the data-pool
- A set price for SMS MO and MT.
- Additional fees on optional services - e.g. IPsec tunnel.
- One-time fees from SIM purchases
Please keep in mind that deactivated SIM cards pay no monthly fees.
How are active chargeable SIMs counted?
EMnify SIMs that have been active during a month will be counted towards the inclusive volume pool as well as being charged for. A SIM card which has then later been suspended is still counted as an activated SIMs.
The current mechanism to count the number of activated SIMs is that every day at 8am and 8pm UTC time we check the number of current activated SIMs in the account. The maximum number of all these daily observations is than the amount of chargeable SIMs that are also used for calculating the inclusive volume pool.
As an example: you have 30 SIMs active at start of the month - then deactivate 10 SIMs in Mid of the month - and again activate another 5 SIMs toward the end of the month - the active chargeable SIMs that contribute to the pool are still 30 SIMs - even though you only have 25 active at the end of the month.
I will not use a SIM card any longer. Do I still have to pay monthly fees for the SIM?
No. You can suspend one or several SIM cards at any time. For example, if you suspend a SIM card the 15th of August, from September on you will pay no fees for this SIM card
You can check if a SIM card is suspended in the "Connected Devices" menu:
What if I want to use a suspended SIM card in the future? ¿Do they expire?"
Our SIM cards do not have an expiration date. You can reenable a suspended SIM card at any time.
What happens if I activate and suspend a specific SIM card several times in one month?
You will be billed only once, regardless of the number of activations.
Where can I find the monthly invoices?
Where can I change my billing or payment details?
The details from your organization, as well as any billing related data can be changed on the user menu:
How can I reactivate a suspended account?
If your account was suspended because of payment issues, please reply to the latest email sent by our Finance department, or contact them directly at email@example.com.