To get your devices online with EMnify SIMs, follow the next steps:
1. Register your SIMs
Once your SIMs have arrived, the next step is to register them. When you register a new SIM or SIM Batch you will have an option to automatically activate the SIM and create Connected Devices using the default configuration.
NOTE: A Connected Device is a representation of a device which has a SIM installed. We recommend that you activate and create Connected Devices during registration.
1.1. Locate the BIC (Batch Identification Code)
Individual SIMs: The 16 digit BIC (Batch Identification Code) is on the upper right corner of the card shown as BIC1. It is used to register single SIMs.
SIM Batches (25,500 etc.): the 16 digit BIC is located on the packaging label written as BIC2.
1.2. Registration, activation and device creation
Log in to EUI and click “Register your SIMs cards” on the dashboard.
You can register single SIMs using their BIC1 or batches of SIMs using the BIC2
Once the SIM has been registered, you have the possibility to assign it to a device which is recommended since it is a necessary step to get your devices online.
To create a device, give it a name and assign a service and coverage policy. If you plan on using your device right away, activate it. A monthly cost will be charged for each connected device. If you do not plan on using the device right away, select "leave disabled".
2. Insert the SIM into the device
Place the SIM into your device (unless your device has an embedded SIM already), and turn your device on.
3. Establish network connectivity
When the device is on, two important configuration changes need to be done on it:
- The APN needs to be configured as "em" in order to let the device connect to the EMnify network.
- Roaming needs to be enabled.
After that, it will register to a network (no PIN code entry needed). Once it has registered, the connectivity status of your Connected Device in the EUI (under “SIM” menu) will be changed to ATTACHED. SMS and USSD services are now available.
Once your device has established a data session, the connectivity status will again change to "Online". Now the device is ready to send/receive data traffic.
- Please note that, actions above could be done through EMnify API as well. Our API documentations describes how to create a Device , delete it and more to explore.
- If you want to create multiple Devices using the API, check it here to learn more: How to create multiple Connected Devices (Endpoints) using the API
You have successfully enabled your SIMs!
If you have any further questions:
- Check our knowledge base where most topics are covered
- Subscribe to our EMnify status page.
- If you did not find any answer, you can contact our support team via the following channels:
1. Form. Please submit a ticket using the following form
2. Email (for customers with an Enterprise Support plan only). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime and your request will be logged in our ticket system and processed by one of our technical experts.
To facilitate a swift response, include the following information in your email:
- Your company name
- The ICCIDs of your SIMs in question
- The type of device you are using
- A short description of the issue
- A phone number where we can reach you if required